Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Finished Bookcase

After I painted and sanded this bookcase, it still looked a little dark. Definitely darker than the newly refinished desk that's sitting on the other side of the fireplace. I was nervous and unsure if I LOVED it....tear :( Then a friend suggested I put some backing on the bookcase to brighten it up and give it some dimension. After some searching on PINTEREST I had a plan. I found some great wrapping paper at Hobby Lobby (cheap with a 40% off coupon), cut it to size and attached with spray adhesive. It was simple & quick and I do LOVE how it turned out. It changed the look of the bookcase entirely. I was so excited to get my books and other things on the shelves. A picture of dear President Monson and a cute basket for baby toys on the bottom shelf were the final touches. Everything else I had in my house. I'm super excited about how it turned out. I'm also geared up to complete more waiting projects, because these last two were so much fun.Link


1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim, I love the bookcase! Great work! I can't wait to see what you do next :-) Life's been crazy busy! I need to call you sometime.

    ReplyDelete