Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Switcheroo

Ok so rough time getting off the ground with project order.....more like project overwhelmed, annoyed, unmotivated and wanna light my house on fire! Not really but the first few days I wondered if loading the dishwasher would suffice for a posting? Ummm, no! Then I kinda kicked in gear. As a kid I remember the one big job (which was actually 2 because we did it twice a year) that was overwhelming was switching the clothes from summer to winter and vica versa.
I now dub it "the switcheroo" and it will be known as this from henceforth!
Ugh.....so much work!
My mam used to have the clothes from the opposite season in a big box on the top of our built in "wardrobes" as they're known in Ireland. It was kinda fun for us kids to try on the "new" clothes and see if they fit or if they'd be passed to the next sibling. It ALWAYS took a full day to do the switcheroo but at the end we had weeded out the junk and had a full new wardrobe of clothes.

So this was my starting point because my kids clothes, as well as mine I guess, combined with my laundry issue, is just a mess!! A total mess...... I feel like that is the starting point to the rest of the house going to pot. When the clothes are everywhere and there is no order to them, it's the beginning of the end.

Contrary to what the experts say.....TOTES ARE MY BEST FRIENDS! Like seriously I don't know where I would store everything if I didn't invest in the $4 buckets (color coordinated to girls or boys) at walmart! So I hauled them in from the garage, set up my 6 ft tables and began the switcheroo. Its been three days and I just barely got the tables cleared....phew! It is done! Kids now have closets full of summer clothes, winter clothes that will fit next year are stored away in trusty totes and old clothes are prepped for our community garage sale on May 1st!


Now the only problem is the weather is forecast to drop in temperature and get cold on Tuesday....Murphy's Law!!!

1 comment:

  1. This took me back to the good ol days, that was always fun changing out the clothes and trying them on, lol. You did it, well done!!

    ReplyDelete