Monday, April 12, 2010

'aint no stepford wife....

Welcome to my new blog. I'm super excited about this new venture. For a long time now Ive been struggling to get my "house in order". It just seems like an impossible task and it really wears on me. I notice that my mood and how orderly my house is, very much coincide and I'm a much better Mom when I feel like Ive done my part as a homemaker!

We've all heard the phrase "cleanliness is next to Godliness" I believe it to be true! I think it's because when our homes are picked up, clean and organized, we let ourselves relax and thus feel the spirit working in our lives. Now, let me clarify....I 'aint no stepford wife.....haha....my house will never be in tip top shape, nor will it be clean and "tour ready" each and everyday, but I'm hoping that this challenge will help me get my house in order as well as share some tips and secrets I learn along the way.

I think it's important that everyone has a passion. Mine seem to have bounced throughout the years but one common tread is that I love to be creative. I went through a phase of decorating (usually when we moved homes) and now my passion is dancing. I have found an outlet in writing my family blog and believe writing our thoughts is therapeutic. I'm excited to share the ups and downs as I try to undertake this project to put my house in order.

1 comment:

  1. What a get idea for a blog! I can't wait to hear some tips that can help me get my house in order. I got some ideas from the organized section at HGTV and BHG websites. There’s SO much information out there.
    Thanks for participating in my giveaway and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete